Thursday, September 16, 2010

gym rats and me

Today, I had my first session with a professional personal trainer. Yikes! We talked about my weaknesses, my strengths, went over my diet, my BMI, my heartrate, my blood pressure and all the good stuff. The trainer showed me several machines to use and we experimented with them all, doing several reps to make sure I was doing them correctly and she even took film footage of my walking to show me how to "walk better". It as amazing to hear all the information she gathered. Some of it not so positive, but alot of positives- I am very strong, have alot of endurance, super flexible ( I already knew that from yoga) and my heart health is great. My biggest goal is work more of my back and core muscles for posture and to lose about 45 pounds. This is alot of weight, but we are going to do it within 3 months. I will keep you posted on this new challenge that I am very excited about. Cannot wait to be leaner and meaner!

On another note, I am going to post something soon about all the different kinds of people you find in gyms. It is interesting and great for people watching. Also, hand sanitizer is my new friend.
Ciao baby!

No comments: