Sunday, May 16, 2010

Will you miss me when I'm gone? Ha.

Someday soon, I will be under the radar for a few weeks, and won't be writing on this blog. I look forward to catching up when I return to it, to share ideas, to share craziness and to feel that electric feeling I get when writing- anything. I feel the past few months have been pretty crappy as far as my blogs go, I get interrupted, I am super tired, and don't have enough time to get into ideas more in-depth as I would like to since having my second child. It's ok- he deserves my attention and he gets it, as does every other member of our increasingly unconventional family.

However, I always miss writing when I can't get to it for a day or two. I don't just write on this, I write in journals (by hand, I know so caveman like these days!). I have poems, stories and other various outlets that have always been my closest friends since about third grade. When I decided to get married, have children, I knew about the "outer" sacrifices to be made but not about the "inner" sacrifices...one of them being the shortness of private time that I have always needed in order to find peace.

Now I do. Now, I know. And now, I have found ways to make everyone happy without feeling guilty anymore. I have found somewhat of a balance.

Where I am going there is no internet, there are only a few channels on tv ( a very recent addition), and the neighbors live a mile or two apart (Mennonites mostly). There is a cave we have explored in a hill with a fresh water spring the Mennonites use for their water. There are deer that come out every evening to eat apple pieces we throw out for them. There are wild turkey and recently spotted black bears that come out to seek garbage can buffets. At night, the stars are out, the air is cooler, and the only sounds you hear are nearby cars on a distant two laned highway and birds saying goodnight. Cell phone calls can be made by walking up a property hilltop and you may find a signal on a good day.

I hope you all find your piece of heaven sometime while on earth. I hope we all can find a place in our minds to go to when things get a little silly out there, but it's nice when we find a piece of real dirt to lay out on and find comfort. Heaven can be found on earth with a little searching and a little letting go....

Peace out, see you in a good ten days. Please catch up then...

Much Love, Juju

No comments: