Wednesday, May 26, 2010

hello out there

Zenith, West Virginia... not on a map. Population two people (married) and a relative that lives across the tiny road from their compound (that happens to have a special cave behind it with a spring that Mennonites use for their fresh water). My parents have a home down the road, a short walk. A walk of green beauty in the spring, and the last time we all convened their for a another of our special family reunions - a walk of red beauty of fall leaves in October, a few years back.

My third trip there was fantastic. Even my own children chilled out, letting my husband and I sleep through most nights, catching up on much needed sleep with the sound of NO SOUND (road noise, planes, headlights, etc) and owls hooting through the open windows. The sound of wild animals scurrying around, the light noise of house fans, the comforting tiptoes of people walking around upstairs taking care of children and then going back to peaceful wildnerness sleep. It was magical, and better than I thought it would be. I am going to bore you with a detailed post of the trip tomorrow if possible, and then on to fun topics like movies, songs, politics and the various human observations I enjoy reporting on.

One thing I took back with me to our home is this-
everything is sacred, especially everyone's unique opinions, lifestyles, and freedoms. I have never been more proud of our country or our personal liberties. I hope we all appreciate how different we can be, how we can live with unique lifestyles without being harmed. We take this for granted and become so insulated to this fact. Too many people I have been around are so pessimistic about their own country, and it used to vex me. Not anymore, they can be that way if they want to...I am a renewed optimist in the short life we are given to appreciate the wildlife we can help protect, the freedoms we have, and the personal lives we are living that most other countries would not dare allow.
Thank you, Allegheny Mountains and Peter's Mountain in particular, for renewing my faith in our incredible history.

No comments: