Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Take time today to take your children or yourself to a local Memorial Day parade or ceremony. My children will know about the sacrifices so many have made for this great country they live in, and how proud they should be of the life they are blessed to live. Freedom does not come free (cliched but true!). I hope my children will realize how many people in their own family (even recently) and in their family past have left the comfort of their homes to defend this country. There is a special honor in knowing my own husband put in many years in the Air Force, and many close relatives spent time overseas during the past decade, fulfilling a commitment of duty, no matter how entangled the political, moral and personal idealogies have become over the past 10 years. I am proud.

No comments: