Friday, May 15, 2009

a day of remembrance

While my child scoops out oatmeal for dinner with his hands like a caveman, spoon thrown on the floor, I am saddened to report that today I had to get out maternity clothes and wear one of them- shorts. Yuck. Only weeks now and counting till I can burn them all in a modern day altar to the end of my pregnancy days forever. Belly bands are so uncool, in my own opinion of course, I don't care how one spins it. This is what one must do in order to give birth, I suppose- you have to actually get pregnant and stay that way for nine months and just deal with it.
Hooray.
If you see a bright glow in the sky and ashes floating around like lightning bugs, that's me burning our clothes in our copper fire ring out back in a few months. You can smile and know that somewhere, out there, Jennifer Lynn is celebrating her new son and also- her old body.

No comments: