Saturday, May 9, 2009

A/C D/C and me

This morning while the stereo played in the background, Nick and I had some great moments together drawing, playing hide and seek, and lounging around waiting for the afternoon to come so we can revisit the beach. Usually, we have a mix of cds playing according to our mood. Today, I flicked on whatever radio station I could find that seemed to have a good classic rock/folk mix (not all Ozzie, a little Dylan thrown in) on 102.5 here in Tampa area.
What starts playing in the bacground that slowly enters my consciousness??
"Big balls" by A/C D/C and what a song it is!!
"Who's got the biggest balls of them all? I've got big balls....he's got big balls..." you get the picture.
After laughing to myself and having trippy flashbacks to high school nights where sometimes all you ever heard at parties was that flambouyant Australian rock band or Steve Miller Band, I got up and turned the station.
Uh-oh. Censorship has begun. Cover your ears son, there's some crazy music, poetry, literature and movies out there. Not to mention people.
Now, we have on a jazz and blues mix with some Sarah Brightman thrown in - because it's nap time.
Who can go to sleep to "Thunderstruck" or "Immigrant Song"???
Jeez. Being a mom can be so lame. I've got to find my headphones.

No comments: