Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Day After Tomorrow I will still be 39 Years Old.

Well, it's been a great day so far, how about you? After treating ourselves to a birthday at McGuire's (the best Irish steak and seafood house in the lower 51..including Cuba) I slept like a little baby bear in hibernation as the cold front rolled through, knocking over our backyard furniture and reminding us that it is indeed, still January. I have always loved January, not because it's my birthday month but due to the New Year, the putting away of Christmas stuff (yeah!) and the settling in to enjoy the last of the winter months to come. I love the changing of the seasons where we live, it's not Vermont or pastoral Tennessee but gosh there's some pretty colors that change here, and the cold windy beaches are never without our visits. Winter is a great time to scavenge for driftwood and shells. Last weekend during a warm day  (70's) we were out there, soaking up the rays and throwing footballs with our kids. I say Get Out! is my New Year's motto every year. January just seems to really be a "new time" for me, I even list things I want to try that i've never done before (not THAT geez) like underwater basket weaving, backwards roller skating while texting in Spanish or paddle boarding naked. One of those is entirely possible.

So, here's some music that includes the word January or invokes particularly high airy colder images. Don't worry, the videos will stop soon.

Ta ta for now and remember don't mess with a Capricorn. We don't like babies especially the big ones.

No comments: