Saturday, December 3, 2011

And now for something Completely Different

I am trying desperately, my dear friends, to get back to more movie reviews. By the time my two sons are asleep I am basically down to flipping Netflix and lulling myself to sweet oblivion with weird "C' movies or "Say Yes to the Dress" episodes lately (quite a read on the way some people think the tackier the dress, the more their husband will love them forever). I am very interested in some films coming out for the awards season as usual. This being one of them: I love films that portray sex as something more than just a cog in the lust machine for simple minded folks. Sex is always full of power and while of course means pleasure for most...can be full of deeper meanings (no pun intended there). Young star Emily Browning was great in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" one of my favorite Jim Carey movies. I like fun films, fast films, and pure entertainment films, but also appreciate when a director (a woman no less) tries to put something out there to make us think.
Remember "thinking"? Before Google and our "experts" on Facebook could inform of us everything ;)
Anyway, I am taking my kids to the park and hope you all have a wonderful Saturday out there. Talk to you soon, once again.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2011/12/sleeping_beauty_soft_core_titillation_or_artful_rumination_on_sex_and_power_.html#comments

No comments: