Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Elsewhere

We all have moments we wish we could relive, in each brilliant moment- the times we were most joyous, most excited, most surprised, most peaceful or most passionate. What were those for yourself? Could you name a few? Can you take a moment to remember them now? What if your life ended sooner than later?
What made you happy?
Was it recent events or something when you were six years old? Did music play a role? Did your words escape you at the moments you should have spoken up? hmm. this one is a big one for lots of us.
I often wonder things like this while doing the mundane- the cleaning up after little finger dinners, after naps, and after trips to the beach. I always have had a running stream of thoughts going on while my life is being taken care of and being lived, and even being lived in a happy peaceful mindset I still have these thoughts.

I am not alone. This I am assured in many ways. However, I often wonder how many out there are also living a life fulfilled and yet are still filled with questions. Why are we given these years to enjoy the pleasures of live with a sure end to it? Is Faith the answer or is just enjoying every moment full of our own pleasures Heaven on Earth? Why are we not allowed to live several lives at once?

I ask these questions to my soul mate, Phillip, who understands me totally but as is normal, cannot read my mind and cannot answer my questions. He looks at me with eyes full of love and says things like "you are very special" and " I love you" and " you are so beautiful", which is great. BUT, and there's always a BIG BUT- he knows what I am saying, but just has no answers.
I don't expect anyone to. At least we talk about these things, on some nights, for hours on end- him, secure in a peaceful place of calm and relaxation- me, in a place of bouncing stars and endless speculation.

Jeez, the universe is not big enough for my questions. So, I relent. One night is passing, and another day is comming. So little time for so many inquiries. I must let go, for a short time, and save my thoughts for dreams. I don't have them every night (that I remember) but when I have them- they are like I have lived a whole night in another life. Some mornings, I feel I have come awake in a new land, only to discover it's our land. Usually, after an hour, Phillip enjoys the surprise in my eyes when I realize I am back from "wherever it was that I was".

Good night! The full moon is waning soon so enjoy while you can. And give everyone you love a great hug and kiss ;)

No comments: