Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bucket List

Yes, of course we knew it was comming. If you knew you had a few weeks to live- what would you do? I would:

1. Make sure I wrote letters to each of my sons, specifying how I expect them to treat women, the world and how much I love them. There would be ALOT to say.
2. I would really like to go out West again to see the open ranges full of cactus, sky, rocks and multicolored sunsets. It's been a few years!
3. I would swim in the Gulf of Mexico as much as possible...long laps, not just floating around.
4. Spend as much time as possible with my grandparents, it's a lucky thing to have most of them still here with us, the exception being my wonderful Grandpa McCarthy, who I think of often.
5. Spend a night out dancing with my husband. I love dancing, I even do it in my own living room whenever I feel like it.
6. Forgive those who trespassed against me, and vice versa.
7. donate alot of money to charities that help people get on their feet for homes, jobs, family life, etc.
8. Fish fish fish for flounder, grouper, whatever. Actually I would take a deep sea charter boat with friends and reel some good things in to eat fresh that evening.
9. Eat oysters and scallops from Bay County.
10. Write to past teachers who influenced me.
11. Lay out on a nude beach as much as possible, for days if possible. Even if it takes going on one of those cheesy FL cruises you can take (because Fl doesn't have many nude beaches left, alas, mustn't scare the tourists you know)
12. I would really like to visit Vienna Austria where my great grandmother Anna Daeger came from, and also Scotland where the McMullens are from. Also, learn more about the McCarthy/Carter side of family to that my sons know more about their history.
13. I would like to meet Cormac McCarthy and tell him "thank you" for his novels. They are stark, beautiful and leave such an impression. Hemingway and Fitzgerald have left the building so they are not on this bucket list.
14. I would make sure my parents know how happy I am to have them as parents, and how much I admire and adore them. Also what great parents they are and say thank you for taking us on so many family trips and adventures.l
15.My husband would know how much he means to me, and how happy he has made me and our family. there really are no words....

Damn, that's getting depressing. I didn't mean for it to be.
What would you do? There is no list that would really cover it for me....life is sweet isn't it? Enjoy every moment today!

No comments: