Tuesday, September 15, 2009

update

Nothing new on the horizon today...visiting with lots of family the past few days so we always like that, and we love them!! I am an aunt now to a wonderful niece named Meredith and am excited about seeing her grow up and make us all so proud. I was recently scared to read the astrology makeup of our soon to be son (a Virgo) and our other son, an Aquarius, and although I don't believe in that stuff, it's fun to see the similarities of personality traits in our Nick (aloof, eccentric, unique, concentrates on details, will be friendly yet hold people at a distance, etc) similar to the sign next him, myself, a Capricorn. My horoscope read that I the most ambitious sign, with traits of discipline, assertiveness, hidden goofiness, reserved at times, and serious. Hmm.. how about also able to make pigs fly. Anyhoo, there is alot going on around here, but I cannot find the time to concentrate today on writing at all. I mean, with a baby on the way, and FOOTBALL parties to look forward to having very soon, what else is there, right? For now, I'm jsut ignoring all the crap on the pop culture horizon- except for this very important, intelligent quote lifted directly from a CSI episode I happened to catch 10 minutes of the other morning,

"People don't just disappear. It's molecularly impossible."

HOLY COW> Thanks for that bit of forensic insight, Mr. Jerry Bruckheimer (the producer) and the writers of that show, no wonder there are funny skits out there making fun of your very serious show, in all it's blue, green and orange Miami day-glo colors. If crime labs all looked like that with people that looked like that, they would be full of martinis, club music and half naked people getting nothing done but pole dancing and hooking up.
Well, gotta go drain the macaroni and be domestic for at least another hour or so. I am not good at being a stay at home mom- correction good at it, not ever been happy with it. Big difference. but my time will come again for me to join the adult world and be able to talk with people over 30 about things besides Elmo, diapers, milestones, and big nasty poopies. The day we change our last diaper I will run to a nearby Florida mountain and sing like Maria in "The Sound of Music." And yes, the whole world will hear me, at least on the Swiss side.


No comments: