Tuesday, February 19, 2013

wish list.

As we move on from Grammy season (did anyone watch that show...it was pretty amazing mostly for being super cheesy but there were a few bright spots like the collaboration with Mumford and Jack White's spot.) I am creating my personal wish list for the next music festival we go to see. I have seen many many live music acts and there are still a few that I'd like to see before I retire to the condo in the sky. Here is my wish list:

Foo Fighters (for the third time)

Mumford and Sons (sooo hoping to see this incredible band this year)

Tom Petty - singing about ole 441 would bring back so many memories of PCB and Gainesville too. (after many near misses, hope to see him too)

Fleet Foxes (I would "camp out' for this band, like we do for our extra worthy must see performances)

fun.  I know this band draws some ire for not being alternative and too poppy but the members are from indie groups and together are super talented. Nate's voice is like Queen's Freddie Mercury tone mixed with a touch of younger anxiety. Plus, I love "Some Nights" and have listened to it for months now. It's a great anthem.

Alabama Shakes - "come on BRIT-NAY!" I love how she sings the blues and have been touting this band for a year now. My kids sing every word and the first riff gets everyone going. Waiting for a full length album from them and hoping they are on board for some summer fests this year. Talent from the South always makes me happy.

The Black Keys- I can't help it, this band is somewhat over hyped but I recognize their full blown rock and roll and it sounds fresh as heck. Similar to my love for Jack White, the deep growling rock sound they have would be great to see live, finally.

Jack White- he made it to the Hangout Fest last year, just an hour away from us, but the time of year is bad for us and during that weekend I had to be content with the fact that he was playing literally down the beach. Ouch it hurt. Come back Jack White! Our college town needs some pasty white rock and roll goodness!

That's it for now, my true career as a parent is calling. You hear it- so do I. Hungry boys and declarations of potty words. Excellent time to start dreaming of the next big fest. Bring it on!


No comments: