Saturday, November 10, 2012

Philip Roth: “I’m done” - A sad day, but understandable.

If I had written as many novels and works of non fiction as he has, I'd be checking the calender also to see how many years I may have left, in order to enjoy life from a non -writer's perspective. This man has written his entire life, churning out acclaimed work for decades. We should all be so lucky to find that passion for the ONE thing we love to do, do it well, get honored for it, and then have the chance to say goodbye. Thank you, Phillip Roth for the angst, the dry wit, the sometimes over-wrought characters, the narrative, and for leaving my children a HUGE library of your work to enjoy when they are older. After all, like Hemingway, his stories I feel, are something every young man should read, like a rite of passage to manhood. Sounds silly, and women appreciate them also, but I can accept that his stories are written from the male mind's perspective, as it should be. Write what you know...and people will love you.

Article here : Philip Roth: “I’m done”

No comments: