Saturday, October 22, 2011

We have landed. And- I hope you are all doing well today.

How are you doing this wonderful Saturday? are your ducks all in a row or are your planets zipping through the universe all out of whack? Either way, you could just get in your car and drive...which is one of my all time favorite things to do.

Last week, my entire family loaded up two vehicles (one with a huge one "U" on the side), left one vehicle behind that is now somewhere in the Hillsborough/Pinellas area with a family member, and drove. We drove north on Hwy 19, past New Port Richey, Crystal River, north past the ever interesting time capsule of Perry, FL, and then came to the wide open green hills of Tally South...staying south of I-10 just long enough to enjoy the country air before elevating our vehicles to the I-10...famous for (what I think) are the most enjoyable miles of hills in FL mostly due to the green hills AND the lack of traffic.

We are safely ensconced in a family home...biding only a few days until we move into a new home. One we are in love with..it has a huge old wooden workshed that I cannot wait to set up my oil painting items in. No more worrying about my kids inhaling paint thinner or touching my canvases before they dry (this takes weeks with oil). My husband did not stop smiling the entire week, being around his family again, enjoying dozens of bands at Deluna Festival, revisiting our mutual favorite spots in the panhandle...and enjoying the brisk cold blue air and pure white sand that makes the panhandle fall time the best place we love.

one thing we always said was that living near the I-10 area makes you feel like you can go anywhere...only 1.5 to historic Mobile with all it's similar Spanish and French architecture, and only hours for an evening jaunt to New Orleans and from there...the West. Every time I have traveled "west" I have used I-10...amused and sometimes slightly troubled by the crazy landscapes of Texas, the obvious poor living of parts of LA and MS, and then turning north towards New Mexico to climbing elevations, crayon colored sunsets, and dry desert air.

I love the Southeast and Mid Atlantic and it's very old thick forested canopies, but now look forward to some road trips more "out there".

Because in the end, that's always been my most favorite spot of all.


No comments: