Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What are your favorite live albums??

I admit it, I am not a big fan of live albums. "Exit Stage Left" (Rush) and "Under a Blood Red Sky" (U2) are two of my most tolerated ones. The Avett Brothers, Jimmy Buffett and Zac Brown Band have fun, folksy sing along type albums that I can also enjoy for about an hour. I really adore live concert footage (DVD) and we have White Stripes and Audioslave in Cuba (an outstanding show) for example. Some people love live albums, I prefer to hear the music as clearly as possible, without the drunken shoutouts (I'd rather be there live, than listen to other people party) and hear what exactly the artist decided was the best representation of their songs to put down digitally from the studio. Either way, everyone has their own tastes musically. What are your favorite live albums? Some of these are the typical eye rolling inducers from the 80's generation like me who had to endure countless airings of "Frampton live" on the FM radio growing up- so some of these have been numbed down to my musical sensitivity. But, music is a LIVE art form that constantly grows on you, and changes you, whatever form attracts you to it!


http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2011/11/best_live_albums_from_axl_to_zeppelin_.html

No comments: